Matt C. Altro
Partner & Chief Operating Officer at Altro Levy.
Matt C. Altro is a Partner & the Chief Operating Officer of Altro Levy LLP. Matt is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® in the US and Canada and holds the Quebec Financial Planner designation.
Matt has specialized knowledge with respect to wealth planning for Canadians moving to the U.S. and Americans moving to Canada. He has nearly a decade of experience in the cross border planning industry, and creates comprehensive and customized plans that are designed to minimize tax, address estate planning issues, achieve retirement goals, identify investment opportunities, obtain healthcare coverage and meet immigration objectives.
Mr. Altro is a frequent speaker at national, international bank and industry seminars. He is a cross-border expert of the radio show, Dollars and Sense, CJAD 800 AM in Montreal and a featured expert on Moving to the U.S. on Ask the Experts, Newstalk 1010 AM in Toronto. He is a regular contributor to a tax column in The Montreal Gazette, he’s been interviewed on CHCH Television and for 24 Hours newspaper, published in the STEP Journal and has written various articles about moving to the U.S. Matt also authored a chapter about moving to the U.S. in David A. Altro’s new book.
- McGill University, B. Comm., 2000
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® (Canada)
- Financial Planner Quebec (F. Pl.)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM (US)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 514-940-8062 / 416-477-8152
Honors and Affiliation
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Financial Planning (CIFP)
- Member of the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF)
- Member of the Institut québécois de planification financière (IQPF)
- Member of the Financial Planning Standards Council (FPSC)
- Member of the Canadian Employee Relocation Council (CERC)
- Co-founder of the Squash Crohn’s Tournament benefiting Crohn’s and Colitis research in Canada
- Nominated for the ProMontreal Young Entrepreneur Award (2008)